Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Saatchi Gallery

This time, I was very NOT happy walking in the HEAVY cold rain. But at least it was comical. How could I get through two weeks in London as a tourist without at least one uncomfortable rain experience?

Anyway, I was excited to see what was at this gallery- this was called "British Art Now." I was very exctied to see what the rich collectors consider to be the THE contemporary British art. The defining works. I don't trust in the Turner Prize's opinion.

I'm not sure if I liked a lot of it or not. I definitely found everything interesting for sure. I took a ton of photos and even bought the description booklet. It's like... I understand it's all contemporary and new, but I still feel like it's old and done. Which I suppose is a good thing as a young artist, wanting more. Means I'll propell to new places myself.

I do wish I could've had more time there. I felt at home for some reason, so comforted. I feel like I'm getting better and better at melding into artwork. It's like you have to train a bit at first. But, now it's like I can meld into a work even if I don't like it. I can experience it for what it is anyway. I feel sorry for people who don't learn to experience art the way I do.

I'm excited to get time to read my booklet and think more. I feel we're on the brink of something as a culture. I wand to know where we are.

No comments:

Post a Comment