Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Westminster Abbey

Unfortunately, I made the decision of partying wayyyy too late and only having 4 hours of sleep  on top of consistent 6 hr nites since getting here... So I wasnt feeling awesome when we visited Westminster Abbey on Fri Jan 7th. I was so sick tired and hungry that I felt mad nautious so I couldn't eat and I still felt like I was going to throw up. Every time we went into the dark nooks, I would come very close to falling asleep standing up. It was the worst. Lesson learned.

Anyway. Westminster Abbey was fucking gorgious. I can barely describe it. Like... I can't idk what to say. I have been feeling alone in the crowd the few days and I just loved the silence of the Abbey. I've been craving silence like so hard. I just wanted to light a candle and sit there and absorb. It sucked we constantly had to keep moving. When we got to the public part, where you could sit, there was too much noise and crowd. Not what I wanted. But alas. heh.
I still loved the place. And I was particularly interested in the story of the forgotten soldier. I bought a little booklet about it with the historical photographs.
I suddenly have this fascination with the soldier, the contemporary warrior. Prolly cuz I feel like im walking the streets of my heritage. My Granda was an Irish farm boy who moved to London for work. He eventually got drafted into the British Army for 6 years in WWII.
I wanna know my roots.

No comments:

Post a Comment