Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Who I would give the Tuner Prize to...

Susan Phillipz. Without a doubt.
One factor is that I kinda hated or didnt look at anything else. 
And the other is that I feel Susan successfully enveloped the viewers into an alternate space. I feel that this is an important aspect to good art. She strongly grabs our attention, which is getting harder and harder to do with today's people. We skim through internet articles, skip through youtube videos, flip through digital photos. Our attention spans are small by culture.
She created a moment and a space and an object with something intangible. 


I've never really encountered much sound art, so maybe I'm only enamoured by the newness of it all.  But there's something with a heavy to Susan's work, that I lose words over

No comments:

Post a Comment